CAMP offers high school students from local schools (non-international or non-American schools) a one-on-one mentoring program where a student intending on applying to college abroad may get advice directly from a current college student. Not only do you get a better understanding of the whole process and what it means to study abroad (from someone who's doing it as you speak!), but you get the advantage of having an experienced guide throughout it all. APPLY HERE.
WHY BE A CAMP MENTEE?
- You receive guidance from an experienced mentor who has been screened by the CAMP team.
- You receive regular check-ins from the CAMP team.
- You receive monthly newsletters from CAMP detailing the most up-to-date information on college applications, including great articles and tips.
- You get special access to CAMP's database of past application essays and guidebooks.
- You get special access to CAMP's *mentee-only* Facebook group, Google video chats, and mentor-mentee social events.
We asked our CAMPers: why do YOU want to study abroad?
Applications for the mentorship program are open to students who are JUNIORS (third-year students) or SENIORS (fourth-year students) in their first quarter.
We are changing our current pairing system so that you can go through our list of mentors and give us your top choices. We reserve the right however to pair you with someone you did not choose for reasons such as but not limited to if we feel that another mentor is better suited for you or if the mentor you've requested currently has too many mentees. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with pairings being sent out at the start of every month. Applications must be received one week in advance of the first of a month to receive a pairing that month (e.g. to receive a pairing in April, submit before March 24). All deadlines will be in EST and enforced.
We would like to emphasize that we have a limited number of mentors available. Your application does not guarantee a mentor, so again, the earlier you apply, the better.
The mentoring program will last all the way through to the student's high school graduation, when all college applications are submitted and college decisions have been made. Academically exceptional first-year and second-year students may receive mentors on a case-by-case basis as well. For inquiries, email email@example.com or view our FAQ section here.